We are not a hierarchical company. We’re a start-up. We want proactive, action –oriented, entrepreneurial thinkers with an unwavering commitment to initiative, innovation and excellence. Each and every one of us is young, self-driven and supportive in nature. We expect you to be the same. And, we promise you it’s a great place to work at.
Being with cognovís is about:
- Striving to think beyond a the usual 9 to 5 job
- Being excited about finding solutions to complex problems on your own
- Being passionate about technology and keeping an open mind
- Seeking to create value using best practices in open source technologies
Our Selection process, The Boot Camp:
At the core of our selection process is the goal of attracting, evaluating & selecting a well rounded person who can seamlessly integrate with us.
To achieve this goal we have a multi stage proces which should give you a good estimate what we are doing.
- Send us your resume and tell us about yourself. Stay to the truth, but don’t hesitate to show off with the work you have done so far.
- If your resume attracts our interest, we will have a Skype call with you, to get to know you a little bit better and ask questions about yourself, as well as answer any question you might have.
- Depending on the job you apply for (and if you made it to the shortlist), you will be invited to one of our premises to get to know the people in person and also demonstrate your abilities in your new working environment.
- If you like what you see (and we are still convinced after having met you in person), a three months trial period at reduced salary will commence, allowing both sides to see if it works out.
- After the trial period you are fully hired and a new member of the cognovís family.
We are looking to fill positions at our partners location in Lviv (Ukraine). If you are interested in applying for a position as a software engineer who is bright enough to experience the beauty of the OpenACS toolkit and wants to learn more about developing with Ajax and XoTCL, here is what we expect from you:
- Long term experience and passion for computer programming
- Articulate in the English langauge, especially in the written kind.
- Knowing web applications inside out:
- SQL (sequel) is not yet another „Rocky“movie for you.
- Workflows are not limited to describing the flow of work from your Dilbert type cubical to one of your colleagues
- Yahoo groups is great, but you wrote this 5 years ago and still wait for them to pay the royalties.
- Perl is not written with an „a“ and something you buy for yourself or your girlfriend.
- You enjoy hacking in a script / interpreted language so you don’t have to wait for the compiler to tell you how smart you are.
- You have worked on at least three different web based applications in the last two years and helped them launch.
The hiring process is as described above. Instead of working together with the people in Lviv you will be given access to one of our servers and a problem to solve based on the OpenACS toolkit. You are expected to solve the problem on your own using the resources available on the web or asking for help on Skype. The results are reviewed and depending on the outcome we would start the trial period with you.